Which plant comes to your mind when you think about the benefits of plants for humans? Nature has bestowed us with many plants that have the best cure for our physical and mental health issues. We all are familiar with the goodness of the plants like lavender, eucalyptus, and sweet orange are some of the common beneficial plants that we can look out for. Peppermint is also a plant from the mint family that adds to the list of beneficial plants. It’s oil works wonders and smells amazing too.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
1. Antiseptic Properties – You can see the usage of peppermint oil in many antiseptic creams and toothpaste too. It has amazing antiseptic properties and heals the wounds and boils in the mouth. The oil can be used to prevent the growth of germs and bacteria in the wounds on our bodies. They are safe to be used for children and adults. Studies have shown that the wounds heal quickly when peppermint oil is used This is a savior for all those who are diabetic and have chances of the wound taking a lot of time to heal.
2. Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Most of us are confined to eating cereals, bread, caffeine-rich food, and high-protein food. All of this makes way for a lot of stomach aches and a bad bowel movement. The best way to get rid of irritable bowel symptoms is to include the goodness of peppermint oil in your everyday diet. If you are not someone who likes its taste, the fragrance of peppermint oil can help too. It aids in the healing of the digestive system and improves digestion.
3. Relieves Stress – All of us get anxious and stressed because of the day-to-day happenings in our life. Many neglect and ignore stress and this takes a toll on their mental health. There are many cases of depression reported and many cases of suicide are coming up. The best way to reduce such mishaps and depression cases is to reduce stress in the initial stages. This can be done when you inhale the fragrance of peppermint oil. When you add peppermint oil fragrance in your morning shower, you will make way for a bright day and remain stress-free too.
4. Combats Nausea – Nausea is a very annoying feeling. In case you are pregnant, you will feel exhausted with the sensation of vomiting. While the citrus fragrances and the smells of eucalyptus can combat the nausea feeling, the other important fragrance of essential oil that has the ability to heal nausea feeling completely, is peppermint oil. It reduces all the morning sickness and keeps you fresh and energetic throughout the day. This can be used to prevent nausea when your little one is traveling to school on a school bus.
5. Heals Muscle and Joint Pain – The muscles and joints carry us all throughout the day. At times, they grow weary and this makes us feel the pain and discomfort. Among all the healing essential oils, peppermint oil works wonders in relieving the muscle and joint pain too. A good massage with this oil is recommended by most of the medical practitioners and many find this oil as the best way to vanish the pain away.
6. Cures Cold – Summer is off and the cold season is commencing. Along with the pandemic, the other viral infections and flu make way for all humans – mostly infants. The common issues of running nose, congestion, cough, and other flu symptoms can be completely cured by the fragrance of peppermint oil. It soothes the headache and clears the air pathway into the lungs. You can use this oil to heal the cold and flu of children too.
Different ways to use peppermint oil:
Peppermint oil is known for its fragrance and there are four best ways that you could choose to include it in your daily uses.
1. As a shower bomb – Shower bombs are the best way to include the goodness of peppermint oil. Shower fizzies of peppermint oil fragrance works as your mood buster and keeps you energetic, happy, and positive throughout the day.
2. In the Oil Diffuser – The next way to use the peppermint oil is to enrich the fragrance of this amazing oil around you. You can diffuse it into the air around you using an oil diffuser and keep the air purified while improving your immunity and health.
3. Direct application – The peppermint oil can directly be applied to your skin in case you have muscle pain, joint pain, or a headache. It acts spontaneously and heals the inflammation and pain quickly.
4. As a room freshener – There are many products that have one of their key ingredients as peppermint oil. The oil keeps the aroma in the room pleasing and fresh and also keeps the pests of all sorts and kind away.
All of these are the benefits of peppermint oil. You can include it when you start your day with the shower bombs of this composition.